Tuesday, April 3, 2007

"New York is in the motherf*cking house!!"


As you all know, my favorite clock-craving crazy from VH1's Flavor of Love was "New York," aka Tiffany. For those of you who watched, well, you've GOT to remember her. For those of you who didn't, a) why the hell not?, and b) New York was the character on the show whose hilarious soundbytes made no sense, whose mother was just as insane as she is, and whose jealous obsession with Flavor Flav got her to the final two and then ultimately dissed in both seasons of the show.

Hopefully you also watched New York's show, "I Love New York," on VH1. It's hilarious. New York is as cracked-out as ever, and her soundbytes are as hilarious as they used to be. The show is set up like Flav's, down to the pimped-out velveteen house and the chunky prizes winners wear around their necks. Not surprising, since Flav is the producer. I called from the beginning that the final two men would be Chance, the ultimate Thug who New York compares to Flav, and Tango, the sensitive lover who gives New York a taste of her own drama-queen medicine. But I never would have predicted what went down in the season finale. I had a hunch New York would pick Tango, since Chance was too much of a loose cannon. In New York's words, "Chance is a straight-up thug. I just hope he don't pull out a gun and start cappin' motherf*ckers." True dat. But in an unsuspected twist, after New York announced his victory, Tango whipped out a diamond and proposed! New York nearly had a heart attack. She was clearly pressured into saying yes (pay no attention to the cameras behind the curtain!!), but she swifty backed down, muttering "what the hell did I just do?!" Such great TV.

If you ever watched Flavor of Love or I Love NY, tune in to the Reunion show in two weeks to see what ended up happening. Do I hear an I Love NY 2?! I hope so!!! If you didn't watch either show, check out VH1's "V-Spot" to see funny clips from the show so you can see what you've been missing!! (http://www.vh1.com/vspot/)

No comments: