Sunday, September 16, 2007

Emmy Emmy Emmy

As promised, loyal readers, a brief post of Emmy goodness. God I love the Emmys. (Despite my bitching every five minutes about how nobody cares about all the bullshit in between the good awards.) I really do though -- the Emmys are like my Superbowl.

Ok, so here are my thoughts...

1) YAY for 30 Rock!! I'm so proud of my little show. As Tina Fey so graciously said in her speech "and thanks to our dozens of viewers!" Ugh I LOVE Tina Fey. My only worry with this win is that it's like when Arrested Development kicked major Emmy ass - appreciation by critics and Emmy voters, but not by those damn Nielsen viewers. (I ask again, HOW do I get to be a Nielsen viewer? How?)

2) Did we really have to start the night with Family Guy (ugh I can't stand it... sorry to those who love it... I just really hate it) - AND an Isaiah Washington joke?! And then a cut to T.R. Knight?! Could that be any more awkward and inappropriate??

3) BOO to Fox's censorship. Give us a break, Fox. Also, BOO to the classlessness of the local Fox reporter in charge of the post-Emmy coverage on the red carpet, which I'm watching right now... she's currently SCREAMING at these celebrities who are trying to get the hell out of there. Wow she's so annoying and tacky. "I JUST GOT BLOWN OFF BY TOM SELLECK! HOW HOT IT THAT?!" "HEIDI! HEIDI! HEIDI! HEIDI! She's on cable and she won't even stop and talk to us." sigh... she's also Heidi Klum the model, you local-news jackass. Ugh.

4) Boo for NPH not winning for How I Met Your Mother. There's always next year, Barney. It's going to be legen- wait for it -dary. High five.

5) Yay for Locke from Lost winning. He rocks. And so did his outfit (only Locke can pull off a black sequined tie and a Desperate Housewives joke in one fell swoop).

6) No shock that The Sopranos won... I'm kind of glad they're out of the picture now though, so that other dramas can start winning awards. The shock of the night was probably James Spader winning over Gandalfini for best actor. I'm a huge Spader fan (Sex Lies and Videotape, anyone?), but that was kind of crazy...

7) BIG BOO to no wins for The Office. (Well, except for winning an episode award for Gay Witch Hunt.) I'm sorry, but Pam totally should have won Supporting Actress. I don't get My Name is Earl. At all. Damn. Although, maybe this will teach the writers a lesson - you mess with Jim and Pam, you mess with your Emmys. Crossing my fingers for Season 4.

8) Maybe I should start watching Amazing Race... that shit is the Helen Mirren of reality tv...

9) What's with Ugly Betty winning all that stuff? I've only seen one episode, but... is it really Emmy material? Maybe I should watch it again. Speaking of shows I haven't seen, this week is Heroes week for me - so that I can catch up in time to watch the new season. That reminds me, I've gotta watch Weeds, too... I love Mary-Louise Parker.

10) Seacrest... out. No, seriously, get out, Seacrest. Everyone in the audience blatantly thinks you're a joke. Poor guy. He was out of his league.


Okay, now, last but not least, the best moments of the night:

SECOND-RUNNER-UP: Sally Field's speech. Sally, you're a MESS. Pull it TOGETHER, woman! At the beginning of your speech, I was like, "Wow, she's almost like the white version of Phylicia Rashad, what with the political nature of her speech and..." -- and then, Sally, you went INSANE on the stage. I take it back... you're kind of just a mess. It's okay, Norma Rae, I like you anyway.

RUNNER-UP: Elaine Stritch and Stanley Tucci's presentation. Elaine kicked it off with a yawn. Hahaha. And then WHAT was she even saying?! Haha that was SO great. She's a mess, and I love it. She STILL kicked ass. As always. (Sally Field, take note - Elaine Stritch can pull off crazy. Pay close attention.)

HANDS-DOWN WINNER: The Daily Show reunion -- My boys Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert ended their hilarious presentation with the announcement that Ricky Gervais won for best actor. And then, because Gervais wasn't there, they said they were gonna give it to their friend Steve Carell instead. But the best part was when Steve Carell actually CAME UP ON STAGE and they all hugged and jumped around. Ugh, you are my three favorite men, and you're all hilarious. Thank you, boys, you made my night.

1 comment:

Brett... said...

Yes, having Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Steve Carell jump around on stage was probably the greatest thing I've seen on TV in a long time. I was in my apartment, by myself, rolling on the floor with laughter. Pathetic? No. Awesome? Well, no. But still...