Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall assessment

Well it's that time of the season. Time to reflect on the new TV shows. Here's the roundup:

Shows I've Ditched:
- The Big Bang Theory (that only took one horrible ep)
- Journeyman (bo-ring)
- Prison Break (sorry boys... I stuck with you as long as I could. Even Wentworth Miller's hot bod couldn't keep me another season)
- Bionic Woman (too much exposition... and time slot competition)
- Big Shots (couldn't even sit through a full ep)
- Dirty Sexy Money (sorry, Peter Krause. I tried.)

Shows I Have to Watch In Real Time Because I Can't Wait:
- The Office (yeah I'm obsessed)
- How I Met Your Mother (I love you guys)
- 30 Rock (Tina Fey is my hero)
- Scrubs (last season ever. Sad!)

Guilty Pleasures:
- Gossip Girl (Yeah I can't help myself. This is good TV.)
- Men in Trees (Please please please Nielsen viewers, start watching this show. It makes me inexplicably happy.)
- I Love NY (I can't resist this trainwreck. It's hilarious.)
- Private Practice (This show has really grown on me. I find myself excited to see what happens each week. I can't really explain it. Hey Tim Kring, note well how Shonda managed to create a second show without ruining either one...)

Biggest Disappointment:
- Chuck (I hate to say it, but I think Chuck is getting cut from my roster. It's been downhill since the pilot. Sorry, Chuck. You're adorable. But I can't do it anymore. It's not you, it's me. Actually, nope, it's you.)

Biggest Surprise:
- Pushing Daisies (I'm becoming obsessed with this one. It makes me feel like a little kid when I'm watching it, what with the narration and the bright colors and whatnot. And the storyline's so tight. Thank you, writers, for not ruining this for me. Hey, writers of Chuck, you paying attention?)

Other Shows I Love:
- Grey's Anatomy (You never let me down, Grey's. I'm still excited to watch every week. Thanks, Shonda.)
- Bones (Consistency is key. Always great romance, always cute script, always one of my favs.)
- House (Love it. How could I not?)
- ANTM (High drama. Editing genius. Tyra Banks. Need I say more?)
- Beauty and the Geek (I can't get enough of this show. It's like crack to me.)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (Thanks for making another season, Larry. It still cracks me up, even after all these years.)

Shows Currently In Trouble With Lisa:
- Heroes (What happened??? This past week's wasn't any better! Actually, it may have been worse. Pull it together. Because right now, I'm not feeling this season at all. And believe me, you DON'T want to be deleted from my DVR. Take that as a warning.)
- Life (Losing a little luster, Life. I was a big fan. You've got two weeks to get it back to the high quality of the first couple eps. Or else.)
- Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters (Ok, ABC shows. Both of you suffer the same curse with me. I never feel like watching you. Sure, once I'm watching I'm entertained. But right now I have three weeks of your shows backed up on my DVR waiting to be watched. This does not bode well for you. Especially DH - I gave you up once before. I'm not afraid to do it again.)

And that's the rundown. What about you, TV watchers? Which shows have you abandoned since the start of the season? Any surprise favs? Leave it in the comments!

3 comments:

Brett... said...

Good idea. I'm going to "borrow" your idea and do a blog like this.

David Press said...

Its been falling apart for me, I've been ditching stuff left and right mostly because I've decided to be social again after finishing a draft of a big project. I haven't watched Chuck, Reaper, or Pushing Daisies for two straight weeks. I mean Heroes, you know my opinion on that. I watched it last week in the name of seeing Kristin Bell, but no matter how cutesy she is, she's still under-written like that entire show.

Friday Night Lights, on the other hand, I've been staying in lately on Fridays and watching it. That's a show I can't miss, its perfection. 30 Rock, while it's well written the cast except for Alec Baldwin over act to a aching degree. Tina Fey, though she rubs my geek girl bones, should not be allowed to act and Tracy Morgan is even worse. The Office, haven't watched that or Scrubs which I'm pissed about because I LOVE Scrubs.

Otherwise, I'm awaiting Battlestar Galactica to come back on. That's the best show on television that no one watches.

Justin said...

While, we know I love you. And most always agree with you, I must say that I have been taken by the Big Bang Theory and laugh all the way through.
Do I think its highbrow intellectual comedy? Oh no. But it entertains me to no end. And maybe once in awhile we need some lowbrow comedy that isn't Gallagher.
Please don't hate me. LOL