Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm Pushing Pushing Daisies

Hey TV fans. Sorry - been slacking on my bloggage lately. Just wanted to write a quick post about last week's premiere of Pushing Daisies to help encourage you to watch it this week despite its competitive time slot.

I'm naturally attracted to the show because of its bright colors and intriguing storyline. I'm naturally worried about this show because of its movie-like storyline and the fact that it causes me such angst to see two people who can't touch. Here's hoping the second episode is as good as the first.

Why was the first episode so good, you ask? Great writing, compelling plot. Great characters, great acting. Technicolor. Not too much exposition, but just enough to get you interested. Basically, despite its torturous plot line (guy and girl in love, guy can't touch girl or she'll die... kill me now), there's a lot in this show that will keep me watching. Including the main character's ethically sketchy use of his "gift" (or curse).

I know you'll be busy at that time watching child labor on Kid Nation, Tyra being a hot mess on Top Model, the supporting cast from Everybody Loves Raymond in their Fox sitcoms, the creepy fake banker on Deal or No Deal, or perhaps the reruns of Law and Order that are bound to be on about 20 channels at any time of day. But just for this week, DVR/Ti-Vo the other stuff. Give Pushing Daisies a shot. It's worth an hour of your life.

1 comment:

Justin said...

I love this new show and I am glad you agree with me. It's quirky, yet keeps me watching. And I have loved Ellen Greene ever since Little Shop of Horrors. So I must support her now. But I do feel sorry for Digby.